<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Friday, January 30, 2004

Reverend Brown is coming over


They’ve decided to end treatment. Anything that might work wouldn’t work for long, and not without a substantial decline in quality of life. We’re going to try milk thistle and DIM.

“We.” I’m not the one dying. I’m not the one losing my friend, lover, companion, partner of thirty-four years.

She’s tired. She doesn’t want to go through any more chemo. I could hear that in her voice the last few times we spoke on the phone.

And here I am with a huge deadline on my plate and a monumentally rash decision before me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger