<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The three minute entry

Since we last talked, Brooke quit her job and cut her hair. This has been good for me and fantastic for her. She is so much happier knowing that she doesn't need to deal with her micromanaging boss in the worst possible environment for her: a lab. I mean, really. So the haircut is kind of like a breakup haircut.

You know the one? It's that ritual where you leave your hair behind, remake yourself, and become a new person, breaking free from that horrible, awful relationship. Or job.

And now she's reading all kinds of books and exploring her options for what to do with the rest of her life. I think she's being very practical, and yet, she's dreaming about what she can do. I love it.

It's practically fall here. It's fall by the calendar, but it's beginning to get cold, and I love this. That means a lot of yard work in my future, but this will be good for me. Since we might need to sell the house in the spring or summer, we need to get on this right away.

Oh, and although I'm breaking the three minute rule and am officially running behind, I just want to state publically that I totally and completely adore my electrician. I don't have to climb onto the washer to unplug the water softener and plug in the washer just to do a load of laundry. Lou, I love you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger