<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Like buttah


I’m getting a little overwhelmed by all of the prospective travel and scheduling. If I go to Mom’s on one day, I have to make arrangements for one obligation I would miss, but if I go after that obligation, I only have a day or so there. It seems like that’s the pattern, and it’s starting to freak me out. It’s harder still to work around the train schedules, and I can’t leave Brooke without a car most days.

Not to mention keeping up with meetings and work and everything else. I’m overdue to see the dentist and the lawyer. And somewhere in there, I have to see a massage therapist. Not that I’m complaining about that last one.

Brooke has been getting me up to do yoga in the mornings, and I do feel better when I’ve worked out in the morning. But, well, we got Land’s End flannel sheets for Christmas, and they’ve been on the bed since Monday night. It’s been way too hard to get out of bed these last two days. For some reason, I think to pray in the mornings more often than before. Rather than thanking God for those sheets, maybe I should ask for a less hectic calendar.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger