<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Two observations and an apology, irrespectively

I'm back from Washington, DC. I've been back for more than a week now. No one was injured, and the road salt has since been washed off the car. I'm thinking about what to say about it. Sorry I've left you hanging.

Fire trucks don't seem to have turn signals, but if they do and they're used, no one can tell. That seems dangerous.

Medical professionals are far more willing to talk about death than just about anyone else. I stood at the bus stop this morning with a nurse from the children's hospital. She read my CANCER SUCKS hat and began asking me questions. Did I have it? Did I make that hat? Did my mom die? That's not very long ago. And then she hugged me. I'm glad she was the first person I didn't know who has asked me about the hat. She was nice without pushing my boundaries, notwithstanding the hug. I ought to expect people to ask questions when I wear that hat.


1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger witchtrivets said...

Glad to know you're back. I was getting a little worried. Take your time, but I know I would love to hear how everything went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger