<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Friday, April 23, 2004

Things I did since the last time I posted:


  • Went out to dinner and had a wonderful, wonderful meal and actually enjoyed it.

  • Woke up the next morning feeling like maybe life isn’t a meaningless spin around a star.

  • Paid $60 for someone to clean my water softener by poking at it with a toothpick and blowing on it.

  • Averted a crisis in someone else’s career/soul searching.

  • Sat in a cold library packed with teenagers while perusing books on career/soul searching.

  • Purchased books to aid in career/soul searching.

  • Updated the links on the blog to reflect my visitors who have been commenting and sharing their blogs with me as well as some of those who are like me.
    • I’m really not sure how The Wiggles made it on the list, but I do like them, so they’re staying.

    • I don’t know how this little bucko made it there either, but I think it’s swell. I’d like one of these some day.
  • Proposed and was awarded the task of designing a database to aid in grant evaluation.

  • Arranged for our church’s intern pastor to do Mom’s burial.

  • Agreed to babysit for a fun toddler.

  • Listened to my boss tell me that it’s beautiful outside and I should just go home because she’s going home now. At 3pm.

  • Sat here at work anyway because I don’t really look forward to weekends now. That’s when I miss her the most.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    .
    This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
    Powered by
    RSSify at WCC

    Powered by Blogger