<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Friday, March 18, 2005

It doesn't end

My father is in the ER with a burned larynx. He made himself corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots, and he ate a potato that was too hot. I have a few (Guiness) guesses (Guiness) about how (Guiness) he might not have (Guiness) noticed. They're keeping him to watch for infection. We have a house full of guests planned for this weekend.

I wonder how many cigarettes he smoked between the burn and his trip to the ER 9 hours later. He's probably niccing right now.

I don't know if I should be there. Everything's generally okay, except he has a bad burn and is in pain. If there's no infection, is there any point in my being there? If they send him home today, should I go out there? Does he need to be formally admitted to the hospital before I go there?

EDIT: 10:42

He's been discharged with a prescription for pain meds. He insists there's no need to go out there. I'm going to listen to him.


3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(

I'm glad he's okay. I very much agree with Stream and frog. You should take a break and have fun, and I'm sure things will be fine.

But if something else should come up with him and it makes you stressed and upset to not be there, cut and run.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeesh, Emilin, I'm glad your dad is ok.
--Shakti

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OW!!
Glad he's ok though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger