<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Task list

If I don't link to you and you would like me to do so, please email me. It's nothing personal. I'm just not very good at keeping up with all the blogs. Emailing me will assist in this whole keeping up with the blogs thing.

Also, if there's anything you'd like me to post about, let me know either in the comments or by email. The fetus is eating my brain and making me just a little (ha!) stupid, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Oh, and I'm open to any comments about baby shower etiquette that someone might wish to make. Mine is coming up soon, and I'm having a particularly hard time figuring out who to invite. It's just so presumptuous to invite someone to a party which has the express purpose of providing us with gifts.


5 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, why should you be worrying about your shower invite list. your closest girlfriend should be the hostess and she should know who closest to you would like to share your joy. you don't have to worry your pretty head about any of it!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Display said...

Someone *is* throwing it for us, and we've been asked for a guest list.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always try to refocus the shower to be more of a celebration of you two and the baby-to-be and less about presents. I'd guess though that people you invite won't find it presumptuous. As in I'm sure they know you aren't in it just for the gifts ;)

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Shelli said...

I wanna be on your link list! :)

As for the shower, invite those that you would like to hang out with. Make it a potluck.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Display said...

It's totally up to you, Grace. We've already received some gifts but are in no particular rush to get more.

To be clear, we're not planning the shower--we've just been asked for a guest list. Most folks are easy to figure out, but a few who wouldn't have otherwise been invited have expressed interest in attending a shower, should there be one. That kind of blurs the lines a little.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger