<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Monday, May 24, 2004

God's Clods

Over the weekend, I felt as though I had something interesting and insightful about which to blog. I don’t. My bathroom desperately needs to be retiled, and that seems to be increasing my stress level for some reason. That started the night the tiles popped off the wall like so many playing cards in the wind and wasn’t much ameliorated by the cold shower I took the next morning, not having considered that one’s friends might turn off their water heater when leaving the continent for three weeks or so. Until last night, I had been headache-free for three weeks under the tender loving care of fexofenadine, but a combination of stress and general sleep deprivation seems to have ended my painless days and nights. Again. I do think that the Return of the Headaches has something to do specifically with stress, since I’ve also just experienced anew the Return of the Stye.

Instead, I leave you with this phenomenon about which I recently learned. Had you ever heard of liturgical clowning before? This website about Clown Ministry makes me uneasy, and I'm not sure why. Probably because clowns are creepy, and clowns for Jesus don't make me rest more easily. I can't decide whether or not to thank frog for the tip.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger