<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Acumen

In the hopes of tempering my migraines, depression, anxiety, and insomnia, I sought out the help of an acupuncturist. I had a visit with him yesterday, figuring I'd give it a shot, since it's cheaper than therapy.

He told me "person to person" that he thinks I need more time to grieve the loss of my mother, and that he can't help me with my emotional problems. He did, however, agree to treat me.

Per Mr. Acu Man, I have a blood deficiency, which he said can sometimes be caused by a kidney deficiency but I didn't show many signs of that. I go back in on Monday to be treated (I think). We didn't get into my diet at all, but he took the most thorough menstrual history I've ever done. My blood deficiency might be related to my athleticism in my youth. While taking my pulse, he pegged a couple of other symptoms/annoyances which I wouldn't have thought to mention: dry skin, occasionally blurred vision, cold hands and feet. Brooke will be thrilled if the cold feet get taken care of. She's sick of feeling them in bed.


3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you for trying it out. It sounds like you have a very reputable acupuncturist, and I'm glad he was so thoughtful with you. You might need to get treated five or six times to get everything back in balance, but let us know how it goes! Franny

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Krupskaya said...

For some reason, I find the phrase "Per Mr. Acu Man" very funny.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I've had eczema on and off since my mother died in 2000 - started while she was in the hospice (like you - terminal cancer) and I've never shifted it since. I also tried acupuncture, but I don't think I was persistant enough with it. Let us know if it helps - I hope it will. :)

Any port in a storm, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger