<$BlogRSDURL$>

Postcards of Grief

Mourning is a process.

Comments on breast cancer by proxy, written by a woman coping with the loss of her mother.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Alt-F4

I had a really intense dream early this morning. We had a photo of me as an infant, and we scanned it. Somehow, we could make the infant me appear in reality by double-clicking on the picture. (This might be evidence of me spending too much time in front of a computer.) I did. I held the infant me against my chest. We were heart to heart. I was soft and warm, and the weight of my infant body felt secure in my arms. Brooke was holding Sanna, and I couldn’t bear to put me down.

Then we went back to the computer, and I was gone. Holding me gave me my mother back for just a little while.


6 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful dream. along with feeling your mother back with you for a while, maybe your mom is showing you what she felt when she held you as a baby and how much she loves you. a lovely image that has touched me. x

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a wonderful dream. along with feeling your mother back with you for a while, maybe your mom is showing you what she felt when she held you as a baby and how much she loves you. a lovely image that has touched me. x

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger frog said...

Gave me goosebumps.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kay Olson said...

What a beautiful dream.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Krupskaya said...

What a gift from your subconscious! I think your interpretation is right on. So beautiful.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear emilin,

i have spent nearly my entire day off reading your Postcards of Grief, especially the posts about your mom's illness and grief (before/after) and i have no words.

my father died October 19, 2005. your blog makes me wish i had journaled ~somewhere~ about the last 10 months of my father's life. most of your entries didnt bring me to tears, but this afternoon several of them left me sobbing here at this computer. it felt good tho, in one of your posts you mentioned a sisterhood of sorts, and about if you are still here reading, you need to be.

thank you for sharing this journey... i have something i would love to share with you about losing a parent, but its too big to post here... if you email me, i will send it :)

thank you again so much.

connie
ladybugkip (at) yahoo (dot) com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

.
This gif is freely copyable. Just right click, save
Powered by
RSSify at WCC

Powered by Blogger